Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grouplove - Gold Coast



Minimal posts lately. No excuses, just laziness. But plenty of fresh new cuts for y'all. This is a song from a band that I've been hearing a little of on Triple J lately. It's not the one that's been lots of airplay, I tend to avoid posting those to try & expand horizons and spark interest a little more. The band is called Grouplove -great name- and the song is called 'Gold Coast'.  A slightly slower one, and this band has a really cool sound. Most bands for me, are made or broken depending on the the voice of the singer and this is one of those bands whose sound is complemented so perfectly by this dude's drawly, broken voice. The imperfections are perfect and fitting, and the same goes for the music, it ain't perfect but it works so damn well. I'm babbling but I really like this band and sort of struggle to explain why. If you're into Modest Mouse then you'll most definitely like this band. I'm rather excited to hear what they have in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment