Thursday, November 11, 2010

Warpaint - Billie Holiday



When I hit play in this song I had to do a double-take and make sure that it wasn't Cat Power doing another one of her amazing airy/eerie tunes.

It wasn't. It was, in fact, LA all girl band Warpaint. I got onto these through checking out The Xx on iTunes Ping, as they were raving about Warpaint's latest release 'Undertow' which is an incredible song as well, but this one really caught my attention with the 'My Guy' chorus creeping in there somehow.

They've got a hauntingly ethereal combination of guitar and vocal, both tip toeing around each other creating exquisite, fuzzy melodies that chill and rattle you.

Their album 'The Fool' came out last month and you'd be doing yourself a favour if you went out and bought it. Put it on after the party's died and your doing your puttin' in work.

PS. Did I mention that super-hot Shannyn Sossamon (below) used to be in this band? Man I would've loved to see that live.


Hoot.

NP

No comments:

Post a Comment