Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gregory Porter - Illusion

Really getting into my jazz at the moment. More than any other artist, I seem to be able to relate to Jamie Cullum the most. His exceptional choice in covers, his ridiculously smooth and playful lyrics, and his depth of knowledge of the genre of Jazz. I was on his blog the other day when he threw up his top ten albums of 2010. I had a little trouble finding them but the best one I came across by a country mile was a song called 'Illusion' by Gregory Porter.  It's just a good old fashioned break up song, so simple musically and lyrically, but it's one of those tracks that just hits home because you can really hear the melancholy in his voice. Beautiful stuff.
So I'll post this track, plus my current favourite Jamie Cullum track, which is changing weekly at this point! So I don't just post electro and hip-hop! I love it all man! Enjoy.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-OA5lhRRA

No comments:

Post a Comment